The most frequently asked question by Realtors and home owners alike is, “Can I use sale prices per square foot of living area from one house and apply it to another house to estimate the value of the other house?”

The answer is “no.” The attached article will tell you why. Click to Read

FAQ Continued

Q. Where do you conduct appraisal services?
A. We conduct appraisal services in the Vancouver/Clark County Washington territory.

Q. How long has Pacific West Appraisal Services, Inc been in existence?
A. Pacific West Appraisal Services (PWAS) was established in 1986.

Q. Who is the owner of PWAS?
A. Ralph Olsen started and owns the company.

Q. What qualifications does Ralph Olsen have?
A. Ralph Olsen is a certified general appraiser in Washington. He also has the following appraisal designations: National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers (IFA).

Q. Do you do appraisals in Vancouver, Washington?
A. Yes, we cover the entire Vancouver, WA area.

Q. Do you do appraisals in Clark County Washington?
A. Yes, we cover all of Clark County Washington.

Q. Do you do comp checks for clients?
A. No.

Q. Do you do appraisals for divorce cases?
A. Yes, we have done many appraisals for property settlements in divorce cases. And, in every case our appraisal has been accepted by the court.

Q. Do you do appraisals for estate settlements?
A. Yes, we often conduct estate appraisals.

Q. Do you do FHA appraisal?
A. Yes, we have been doing FHA appraisals since 1986.

Q. Do you do VA appraisals?
A. Yes, we have been doing VA appraisals since 1986.

Q. Can you do appraisals quickly?
A. Yes, we can finish an appraisal within 48 hours of seeing (inspecting) the property.